We value the relationships we have with every organisation we interact with, and we do all we can to protect your privacy and to make sure any personal data you provide us is kept safe.
Who we are
Coram Deo Ltd (trading as BigSmallCharity) is a limited company (no 7505375) registered in England and Wales. Our registered office is 2nd Floor Tower House, Bristol, BS1 3BN.
For the purposes of this Policy, ‘us’, ‘we’ and ‘our’ refer to Coram Deo Ltd trading as BigSmallCharity.
What data do we collect?
The data we collect is on organisations and their representatives. We collect it:
- Directly – through information that you provide through completing forms on our website or in our emails – e.g. your name, email address, charity, postal address, phone number, job title.
- Indirectly via publicly available information, e.g. from Companies House, the Charity Commission, information published online or in printed media, and social media sites e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn. We may also use data and information provided to us by third parties such as membership or umbrella organisations or charity networks, where its members have consented to the sharing of their information with third parties. We may use Post Office address search, postcode lists or other available sources to confirm data that you provide us with, where, for example, we are unsure of what you have completed on a form.
What do we do with the data?
We may use your data to:
- Keep you updated on new blog posts;
- Provide you with tips and inspiration on fundraising and communications;
- Conduct research to aid our understanding of your fundraising and communications needs and help us to provide services that we believe you will find useful;
- Invite you to take part in surveys;
- Process payments;
- Provide information or packs you have requested;
- Provide information on our services;
- Provide a personalised service, such as personalised emails;
- Keep records of your relationship with us e.g. consultancy or support we have provided to you, your responses to surveys you have completed;
- Identify your location.
Basis of processing your data
Legitimate Interest : As a ‘business to business’ customer, we may contact you by email, post or telephone where we have a legitimate interest to do so. You have the right to ask us not to contact you, or to request contact only by specific channels (e.g. email and post but not phone)at any time – our details are in the ‘Contact Us’ below.
Where we store your personal information
We use cloud based systems to process data and therefore data may be processed outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). We also process data on physical servers with firewall protection. We take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is stored and processed securely. By submitting your personal data you agree to this transfer, storing and processing of your information.
When we share your information
We will never sell your data to other organisations.
We may need to pass on information if required by law or by a regulatory body. For example, an audit by the HMRC, or if asked for details by a law enforcement agency.
Occasionally we may employ agents to carry out tasks on our behalf, such as fulfilling orders. These agents are bound by contract to protect your data and we remain responsible for their actions.
Contact us to change your preferences
You can at any time contact us and ask us to stop communicating with you, update your details (e.g. email address or phone number) or change your preferences on what you receive from us. Call us on 07775 733010 or email email@example.com.
For more information about your data protection rights, visit the website of the Information Commissioner’s Office.